Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Who Says the Pope Isn't Cool?


Pope Benedict XVI Gets An iPod

Vatican Radio employees gave Pope Benedict XVI a new iPod nano loaded with special Vatican Radio programming and classical music to honor his first visit to broadcasting headquarters.

Vatican Radio offers podcasts in eight languages, so the pope can now plug in and import the broadcasting service’s audio files.

Pope Benedict visited the programming and broadcasting hub on March 3 to mark the station's 75th anniversary.

When the head of the station’s technical and computer support department, Mauro Milita, identified himself and handed the pope the boxed iPod, the pope was said to have replied, "Computer technology is the future,” according to Carol Glatz of the Catholic News Service.

The pope's new 2-gigabyte digital audio player was already loaded with a sampling of the station’s programming in English, Italian and German, and musical compositions by Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Tchaikovsky and Stravinsky.

The iPod also contains an English-language radio drama on the life of St. Thomas a Becket and a 10-minute feature on the creation of Vatican Radio, with original sound clips of the inventor of the radio, Guglielmo Marconi, and Vatican Radio's founder, Pope Pius XI.

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Rob! Hi, I met you in Dallas at the get together we had Saturday night. I'm Ann's friend and married to Jackie. Not sure how to e-mail you from the site so I thought I'd post. Please drop me a line at stevusmagnus@gmail.com so I'll have your e-mail. Plus I'm starting a blog of my own, though it's very crude at this point. I'll send you the link via e-mail. Thanks!

Steve

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Google