Friday, February 10, 2006

Mavs may be the team to beat...


I normally like to "tap the brakes a bit" when it comes to jumping on bandwagons when a team is playing well. Especially a team like the Mavericks, who always seem to fall apart when it comes playoff time. However, I have to say that I'm beginning to "drink the kool-aid" after watching the Mavs put the beatdown on Miami last night.

I went to the game with some friends and watched Dallas dominate EVERY aspect of the game. Rebounding, shot percentage, 3 pt. percentage, pts. off turnovers...Dallas killed Miami in all of them, AND held them to only 76 points. This team has been so offensive focused over the past years with Don Nelson, but you can see that they are really beginning to buy into Coach Avery's defensive mindset (and 13 straight wins is proof).

So, I am hereby officially prediciting that the Mavericks will WIN THE NBA TITLE! YEE HAW!


Even Sports Illustrated is beginning to agree with me.

Now if the Stars can keep up their pace, maybe we can have a few titles in Dallas this year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Google